Sunday, August 3, 2008

Whites Lake to Queensland

Went for a ride today 122km Home to Queensland Beach and back. Taking a page out of The Squeaky Cyclist of My Bicycle Musings I had 2 energy bars and 2 bottles of water. The ride there was uneventful with the odd car screaming by. Why do they have to get so close? Watched the waves crash on the beach. There were only about 30-40 people on the beach, I guess the clouds kept them home. After leaving the beachgoers I had driven about 1/2hr. down the road, then it started to rain. It was a good thing I had put on my "forward deflector" and rear "rat tail" before I left home. It didn't rain long and it was warm. I never do like driving in the rain because of the lack of visibility between me and the cars passing. The rest of the trip home the pavement was wet so when I arrived home my shoes were "squishy". Average 31.15km/hr.

No comments: